Saturday, February 4, 2012

Pregnancy complications 101

My goal with this blog is to help other women who've gone through what I have gone through, what I am going through. When you google 4g4g polymorphism, I want for someone to come to this blog and be able to understand what's being written about this blood clotting issue. I am not a doctor, and my words are only my experience, and at this point largely speculative.

My husband and I are expecting our 3rd son, this is my 6th pregnancy. We have had 3 heartbreaking losses and we are just starting to understand why. I have 4g4g polymorphism of the PA1 gene. Unfortunately not much is understood about it, and while it is not uncommon(25 out of 100 will test positive for it) it is not commonly tested for therefore commonly undiagnosed. I've lost 3 babies to this mutation and I intend to learn as much about it as humanly possible.

In each post I'll talk about issues I've been through in hopes that it will help SOMEONE Out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment